This old classic PC game – Heroes of Might & Magic III has brought to Android platform by an open source project VCMI, its development team has done a remarkable work to make it running on an Android tablet.
How to install:
1. Download VCMI from the Android market from https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.vcmi&hl=en
2. Run VCMI once, it will create the directories on your /sdcard/app-data
3. Install a full version of Heroes of Might & Magic ||| on your PC, you can buy it from http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/heroes_of_might_and_magic_3_complete_edition , currently VCMI only support english version, you can find out more in their wiki http://wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=Main_Page
4. After install the heroes of might & magic III you will need to install WOG, download from here http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes3/files/allinone_385f.zip
5. Unzip WOG(files with install.exe) to Heroes of Might & Magic |||/UPDATE/ folder & run install.exe, this installation will take a while, please be patient.
6. Connect your tablet to your PC with USB cable & copy all files under your installation of Heroes of Might & Magic |||/* to /sdcard/app-data/eu.vcmi/
7. Run VCMI again after copy is finished & enjoy your game 🙂
NOTE: Currently only hotseat mode is enabled, you need to select multiple player -> hotseat as the AI engine is not completed yet
You can moreover download latest build of VCMI project from http://forum.vcmi.eu/portal.php