Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Resolve HG633 port forwarding issue

Recently I upgrade my TalkTalk fibre plan to large which received 20MB upload speed, & I decide to host a couple of website on the virtual machines, yet I found the problem is the virtual machine will be disconnected from the router even it is connected through the ethernet & set a static IP address. This would make the port forwarding failed which I found a lot of users report the same issue at the TalkTalk community website http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Superpowered-Fibre-Broadband/Port-Forwarding-on-HG633-fibre-router/td-p/1690548

To resolve this issue, I found a simple solution, which creates a cronjob or task schedule that just ping the route every minute, assuming your router’s IP is 192.168.1.1

for Linux/Unix


*/1 * * * * ping -c 1 192.168.1.1

Then I found the website will become available from outside constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment